Snow Update 28/2/18
As you may be aware the weather forecast for tomorrow currently indicates a significant chance of snowfall although the picture is ever changing and different services are providing conflicting reports of severity/likeliness of disruption. The forecast suggests that snow may start during the school day. Our aim will be to open if possible. I have liaised with transport to discuss their plans for such an event and as yet they have not taken the decision not to run. However, should we have to close early because of the snow, there would be no guarantee that transport would be able to pick your child up safely during the day. I ask that you therefore make contingency plans for tomorrow (and Friday as the weather conditions remain) to ensure you can get your son / daughter safely home should transport not run. Please only send them to school (providing we are open) if you are sure you can collect and you feel it is safe for them to attend given their particular needs.
I will continue to monitor the forecast. We will use text, the website, local radio stations and West Sussex webpages to alert you should we need to close. I will make this decision as soon as I can in the morning on the basis of the evidence available to me. Further decisions will be taken through the day if we are open and the situation changes. Please do ensure you are contactable through the school day.
Thank you for your support in these difficult conditions.