12th March 2020
Update on Coronavirus – COVID 19
As you are aware, the situation regarding the coronavirus is changing on a daily basis. The school is monitoring very closely the daily advice we receive from public health England, the SFE and West Sussex County Council. We will implement contingency measures should these be required.
The government have issued a number of guidelines regarding steps to take to avoid catching the virus, including what to do should people have travelled from specific countries.
These can be accessed via www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Information is being updated daily and we will endeavour to keep parents and carers informed with any relevant information relating to us.
Specific actions we are taking in line with the new phase of management we are now in are:
- Increased cleaning and deep cleaning in and around school
- Reduction of contact situations. To support us in this we ask that you please provide your child with a water bottle they can use in school.
- For pupils and staff showing any symptoms should not attend school. These are:
- A temperature of over 37.8c/100F
- A new, consistent cough
- Both of the above symptoms
It is extremely important that we are able to contact you in the event that your child may be demonstrating these symptoms. Please ensure that we have your correct and current contact details including details of an emergency contact should you be unavailable.
- If staffing is unsafe because of staff attendance, we may need to consider the safety of pupils and close classes. You will be notified of this as early as we are able.
- Internal school events may be postponed. You will be notified as these are decided.
I would like to reinforce that these are preventative measures and that Palatine Primary will continue to operate as normal with the hope that class or school closures and the postponement of events need not take place.
Can we remind parents/ carers that we operate a texting system to keep familiar regularly up to date with key events and the opening status of the school should we need to make any changes. Should any parents or carers wish to be added to the text system then please call the office.
What you can do to support us in this new phase of management:
- If your child has a temperature of 37.8c/100F or above and/or a new, persistent cough, please keep your child at home for 7 days including weekend days. When ringing the school to inform the school of your child’s absence please ensure you let us know of the symptoms your child is presenting.
- Ensure we have your correct contact details up to date so we can contact you to keep you informed. This includes ensuring we details of an emergency contact should you be unavailable.
- Provide your child with a water bottle for school
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.