17th December 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Important holiday information re contract tracing
I write today to provide you with the information needed as to the management of cases of Covid-19 during the holiday period. Please keep this information to hand should you need it.
- If your son or daughter develops Covid symptoms from Friday 18th December through to Sunday 20th December please email the school on email@example.com
- You will need to get them tested and then email firstname.lastname@example.org again once you have the test results.
- This is because I am required to assist in close contact tracing for the first 6 days after teaching ends as the individual may have been infectious whilst in school.
- If your son or daughter develops symptoms more than 48 hours since being in school (so from Monday 21st December) onwards the school should not be contacted and parents and carers should follow tracing instructions provided by NHS Test and Trace.
- I will check the email between 10 am and midday each day and contact you either by email or phone to advise about what steps need to be taken over and above self- isolating and booking a test.
- After the 24th December you do not need to inform school about any illness and resulting absence until the first day of term (Monday 4th of January 2021).
Symptoms of coronavirus
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
I wish you a happy, safe and enjoyable Christmas and do hope that you enjoy the online nativity and newsletter.