Reaching Families can offer information and support to parents/carers in a number of ways including:
- Umbrellas Support Group – a popular and very welcoming group currently running weekly via zoom
- Befriending – we can provide 1-1 telephone befriending to parents who would benefit from the emotional support of a specially trained parent-carer volunteer.
- Telephone Counselling – we can provide affordable access to emergency telephone counselling for parent-carers.
- Training Workshops on a wide range of subjects such as behaviour, benefits, EHCPs and sensory processing. There is a workshop on sleep on 6 July at 10.30am, more details here
- Making Sense of It All – a three part foundation course giving an introduction on SEND and key issues and challenges common to parent-carers
- Making Sense of Wellbeing – a six session course including a blend of wellbeing and mindfulness workshops – the next one starts on 8 June at 7.15pm, click here for more details
- Reaching Families Facebook Group – a great platform for parents to reach out for peer support and advice and keep up to date with local news and events
- A wide range of information resources including two parent guidebooks, fact sheets, animations and videos
Further information on all of the above can be found on their website here – Reaching Families. All of their training is free of charge and is currently being delivered online via Zoom. Places can be booked via their Eventbrite page here Reaching Families Events | Eventbrite